Kalderos ran a nine-month beta with several covered entities and manufacturers, during which the covered entities identified several benefits:
- Manufacturers pay 340B discounts in cash directly to the covered entity through integration with a third-party partner, rather than as a credit against a future purchase, increasing transparency about where the 340B benefit is going and giving the covered entity control over how to distribute it to their patients and partners.
- Inventory management is simplified as covered entities no longer need to worry about replenishing physical product or worry about what account to order on.
- Manufacturers pay discounts at the unit-level, not the package-level, eliminating the need for accumulation which can cause delays in receiving the discount or, in some cases, reclassification of the dispense and forgoing of the discount entirely.
- The needs of State Medicaid agencies have been considered, with Kalderos providing all states the ability to check to see if a script received a 340B rebate payment before the state asks the manufacturer for a rebate.
- When a price is restated, manufacturers can easily and quickly pay covered entities the difference via the solution. Likewise, if a covered entity discovers the need to reverse prior 340B discounts, they can do so easily within the platform and credit back the manufacturer without needing to build complicated spreadsheets or figure out alternatives to pay manufacturers back.
With Kalderos’ 340B Pay solution, all manufacturer and covered entity funds flow directly through a third-party payment provider and its financial institution partner(s), and not Kalderos, to efficiently and quickly pay and receive 340B discounts.