This article is a guide to the Due Date and Due Date Extension features in Kalderos Review. This guide will cover:
- Viewing the Due Date
- How the Due Date works
- Extending the Due Date
- Limitations on Due Date extensions
Viewing the Due Date
As a CE User, when you log into Kalderos Review, you will be taken to your claims review home page. This home page displays all 340B accounts with outstanding claims waiting for response and submission. These are the “claims cards.”
Each claims card displays the covered entity name, 340B ID, due date, number of claims in the account and days left until the due date. The dot next to the “Due in X days” field changes color throughout the month to indicate the remaining time.
The due date will also be displayed at the top of the claims review table.
How the due date works
On the 15th day of every month, Kalderos will contact you by autogenerated email if your health system has new claims that need to be reviewed. When new claims are added to your health system’s account, it will update the due date for the account to 30 days from the date the claims were added.
If there are claims within the account that have not yet been submitted and new claims are added, the due date will be updated to 30 days from the date the most recent claims were added.
Extending the due date
If needed, the lead contact or an account admin can extend your due date by 14 days with the “Extend” button:
- In the claims review table, the “Extend” button is displayed next to the due date. This “Extend” button will be highlighted and available to you once you are within 7 days of the due date.
- If you are more than 7 days before the due date, by hovering over the faded out “Extend” button a message will appear that displays the date that the “Extend” button will become available.
- Once it is within 7 days of the Due Date, the “Extend” button will turn bright blue and become clickable.
- When extending the Due Date, you will click “Extend” and a pop up will appear indicating the previous Due Date and the new due date.
- In order to extend the due date, you will need to provide a brief summary in the “Extension Reason” text box. Your feedback will be used to inform and improve our processes. It will not affect approval of the extension. Once a reason has been provided, the “Extend” button within the popup will be enabled.
- Once the “Extend” button is clicked, you will see your new due date updated in the claims review table.
Limitations on due date extensions
- You must be an Admin user or the Lead Contact on your account in order to request an extension.
- You will be allowed up to 3 extensions per inquiry. Following the 3rd extension, you will be contacted by the Kalderos support team to understand what is blocking completion of the review, and if you need assistance we can help you in responding to claims.
- If you’ve previously requested extensions, once you have submitted all claims within your account you will be allowed another 3 extensions the next time you receive claims to review.